HEALTH PROJECTMATERNAL AND CHILD NUTRITION
What do we do?
We work with mothers to promote and teach them about child nutrition because their children’s lives are valuable.
Why do we do it?
We want mothers to be holistically equipped to help their children reach their maximum intellectual, physical, social, and spiritual development in life.
How do we do it?
We support the nutrition programs of the Health Ministry with different strategies:
- We support the health staff in caring for and teaching mothers and children about health and nutrition.
- We implement cascade groups where volunteer leader mothers share their knowledge and practices.
- We motivate mothers to love and help their children in their development.
- We build relationships with mothers to encourage behavioral change.
- We develop training sessions with mothers to encourage behavioral change.
- Municipal and district authorities
- Authorities of the community
- Health authorities and staff
- Mothers, and children under 5 years old
- Leader mothers
“I did not know how to feed my little son, he was malnourished and I used to feed him just with corn, soup and potatoes but when FH visited me, they made me realize that the life of my son is worth a lot. Then we grew vegetables and I bought three chicken and FH gave me three more. They told me that I have to give more food with vegetables to my children and the eggs of my chicken. Now I am happy!