LIVELIHOODS PROJECTFAMILY FARMING FOR FOOD SECURITY
What do we do?
We encourage families to consume diverse foods through improved livelihoods and increased income.
Why do we do it?
We work with families to improve their physical and spiritual well-being according to God’s plan.
How do we do it?
- We reinforce the implementation and growth of orchards.
- We build relationships with farmers to encourage behavior change.
- We help families develop entrepreneurship skills.
- We create saving groups that promote small-business ventures.
- We develop and host experiential training sessions with farmers to encourage behavior change.
- Municipal and district authorities
- Community authorities
I think that it is very good that FH has taught us to build family gardens. Now I can produce all kinds of vegetables like cabbage, carrots, beets, chard and lettuce. That makes me very happy. Now I feed my children with vegetables that we produce in our garden. I thank FH for teaching us how to feed our children with vegetables to accomplish God’s will. My biggest joy is that now we have vegetables to live better than before”.
Guillermina Quispe – Araca de Poroma.